The instructions here are for the Android app. For information on Windows, Mac, or iOS, click here.
Step 1: Register your SolarEdge site with SolarView
In order to use the SolarView app, you must register your SolarEdge site with SolarView. It will be easiest if you do this prior to installing the app.
Step 2: Download the SolarView app for Android from Google Play
- To use on an Android device: go to Google Play and search for SolarView to install the app, or click the Download button below from the browser on the device.
- To use on Windows or Mac computer, first install the free BlueStacks Android emulator and then go to Google Play from the BlueStacks and search for “SolarView” or “SolarView for SolarEdge” to install the app.
Step 3: Subscribe to SolarView Service
Subscriptions and cancellations are processed securely by Google Play from within the SolarView app so there is no need to purchase a subscription here. Instead, open the app on your Android device or BlueStacks emulator, go to the Settings menu (three vertical dots) and select Subscription Options. Cancellations are also processed automatically by Google Play through the app.
Subscriptions are monthly and may be canceled at any time through Google Play.
Comparison of Subscription Types
Although the Windows and Android apps vary slightly in their feature set, they follow the same license model. Here is a summary of your subscription options:
- Free – the free license gives you access to the app for self-monitoring of your solar production. In is fully function in terms of gathering and displaying current solar energy production information. It may display advertisements or an occasional informational “nag” screen. It does not offer advanced reporting functions or proactive capabilities that are available in other license types.
- Basic – the Basic subscription provides the full core app functionality, including access to all reports. Any ads or nags are removed. The Android app also includes access to the Panel View and multi-site support with the Basic license. The Basic subscription does not include proactive capabilities.
- Proactive – the Proactive subscription includes all of the features of Basic, and also includes our 24/7 proactive monitoring service. Proactive monitoring means we are doing the monitoring for you. We will keep track of your production and provide you with daily and monthly reports sent to you by email and via Android notifications. We will also notify you of any detected errors, faults, or other anomalies in your SolarEdge system.
You can review a summary of SolarView release notes here.