Step 1: Register your SolarEdge site with SolarView
In order to use either the Windows or mobile SolarView apps, you must register your SolarEdge site with SolarView. It will be easiest if you do this prior to installing the apps.
Step 2: Download the SolarView app for Windows or Android
Click the Download button below on your mobile Android device to find the app on the Google Play store.
Download SolarView Desktop app for SolarEdge. You may use the SolarView app free mode – this mode has some limitations such as no custom reports or proactive monitoring. No credit card is required for the free mode.
- It is strongly recommended that you disable antivirus products prior to download and then re-enable it after installation is complete. Windows Defender is known to give a false positive detection, and others may as well. Rest assured that SolarView is perfectly safe.
- If you are downloading a new version of SolarView to replace a previous version, you may need to clear the cache on your browser prior to downloading, and be sure to close the existing version of SolarView before installing a new one.
- Click here for step by step instructions. If you need help with this process, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
Step 3: Subscribe to SolarView Service
To unlock the full features of SolarView and to eliminate nag screens and advertisements, you may upgrade your license to one of our two subscription licenses: Basic or Proactive. If you are using both the Windows and Android apps, then purchase your subscription from within the Android app and it will apply to both apps automatically.
For Android-only licensing:
Subscriptions and cancellations are processed securely by Google Play from within the SolarView app so there is no need to purchase a subscription here. Instead, open the app on your Android device, go to the Settings menu (three vertical dots) and select Subscription Options. Cancellations are also processed automatically by Google Play through the app.
Subscriptions are monthly and may be canceled at any time through Google Play via the Android app.
For Windows-only licensing:
Comparison of Subscription Types
Although the Windows and Android apps vary slightly in their feature set, they follow the same license model. Here is a summary of your subscription options:
- Free – (Android and Windows) The free license gives you access to the app for self-monitoring of your solar production. In is fully function in terms of gathering and displaying current solar energy production information. It may display advertisements or an occasional informational “nag” screen. It does not offer advanced reporting functions or proactive capabilities that are available in other license types.
- Basic – (Android Only) For $2.99/ month (less than 10 cents per day), the Basic subscription provides the full core app functionality, including access to all reports. Any ads or nags are removed. The Android app also includes access to the Panel View and multi-site support with the Basic license. The Basic subscription does not include proactive capabilities.
- Proactive – (Android Only) For $6.99/ month, the Proactive subscription includes all of the features of Basic, and also includes our 24/7 proactive monitoring service. Proactive monitoring means we are doing the monitoring for you. We will keep track of your production and provide you with daily and monthly reports sent to you by email or text. We will also notify you of any detected errors, faults, or other anomalies in your SolarEdge system. Alerts and reports are also delivered via Android notifications.
- Proactive – (Windows Only) For $9.99/ month, the Proactive subscription includes the full Windows feature set including customizable reports and csv export, along with our 24/7 proactive monitoring service. Proactive monitoring means we are doing the monitoring for you. We will keep track of your production and provide you with daily and monthly reports sent to you by email or text. We will also notify you of any detected errors, faults, or other anomalies in your SolarEdge system.